Research within Physics and Astronomy
- Astronomy and Space Physics
- Physics Education Reserach
- High Energy Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Materials Physics
- Materials Theory
- Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics
- Theoretical Physics
- Applied Nuclear Physics
The Faculty of Science and Technology holds the overall supervisory responsibility for postgraduate training. The postgraduate training provides the proficiency and experience necessary for carrying out independent research, over and above the specifications stipulated for basic and advanced level university education.
After graduating you will be well prepared and qualified for a position at the best universities, nationally and internationally, in industry, public agencies, and society in general.
Uppsala is an active participant in a large number of leading international research collaborations such as CERN, ESO, ESA, ESS, GSI, IceCube and MAXLab. Over the years Uppsala has been awarded two Nobelprizes through Manne Siegbahn and his son Kai Siegbahn.
Centres and networks
- Nordic Academy for Nuclear Safety and Security (NANSS)
- Tandem Laboratory
- Centre for Discipline-Based Education Research in Mathematics, Engineering, Science and Technology (MINT)
- Centrum för neutronspridning
- Centrum för fotonvetenskap
- Centrum för rymdfysik
- Svenskt Kärntekniskt Centrum (SKC)
- Uppsala Rymd- och Astrofysikcentrum (URAC)