Neutron and X-Ray Scattering - News
- 18, 19 and 22 October 2012
- The Scattering Centre is organising a short course for Ph.D. students on analysis of neutron reflection data. On this occasion it will be aimed primarily at students working with soft matter and biologically related materials.
- 16 August 2012
- A product of the succesful canSAS meeting (see below) was the new web portal for information about small-angle scattering:
Further reports and plans for future work are on the meeting website:
- 28 July 2012 14.00
- As part of the canSAS meeting, we will present a 'Webinar' with discussion on three themes related to small-angle scattering (X-rays and neutrons): standardisation, formats and building a community with a web portal. The Webinar is at 14.00 (Uppsala time) on Saturday 28 July 2012. To access the meeting go to:
There are more details on the canSAS page mentioned below.
- 28 to 31 July 2012
- We will host a meeting in Uppala of the canSAS working groups. canSAS tries to promote co-operation in standards and formats for small-angle scattering experiments with X-rays and neutrons. Details at http://www.smallangles.net/wgwiki/index.php/canSAS-2012
- 15 May 2012
- Diego Pontoni from the ESRF, Grenoble will visit on 15 May. At 14.15 he will present a seminar entitled 'Hard X‐ray Studies of Soft Interfaces and Bulk Materials' in Haggsalen. Diego Pontoni is now responsible for the Partnership for Soft Condensed Matter at ESRF and has previously been working with the hard X-ray beamline ID15.
- 28 February 2012
- Andrew Jackson from the ESS, Lund will give a seminar 'Effects of High Pressure on Casein Micelle Structure'. He is responsible for small-angle scattering at the ESRF.
- 18 November 2011
- On Friday, 18 November 2011, the Scattering Centre will have a visit from Ken Andersen and Oliver Kirstein from ESS in Lund. ESS is the new European facility for neutron scattering to be built in Lund. They will present the plans and possibilities for future activities with ESS. The presentations will be presented for a general audience and not just those presently involved with neutron experiments.
All are welcome!
Place: Oseenska rummet (Å73121) Ångström Laboratory
Time: 10.15 - 12.00
Date: 18 November 2011
- September 2011
- Max Wolff and Maths Karlsson (CTH) are organizing a winter school directed about neutron scattering on soft matter. The school will be held in Björkliden in the very north of Sweden during 25-30 March, 2012. The school is free of charge for PhD students affiliated with a Swedish University, but there is a limited number of participants.
- October 2010
- Recent work has shown how ozone damages molecules in lungs.
- September 2010
- A workshop on advances in neutron reflectometry will be held on 25 & 26 October in Grenoble to mark the operation of the Super-ADAM reflectomer.
Workshop web pages.
- June 2010
- The rebuilt reflectometer Super+ADAM at ILL, Grenoble France is undergoing commissioning tests and will have user experiments during the summer.
- The Super-ADAM project at Uppsalahas engaged Andrew Dennison to work as an instrument scientist from 1 October 2010.
- May 2010
- On 2nd June Professor Helmut Dosch, Director General DESY, holds a seminar entitled 'Order, Disorder, Ice and Water: Unknowns and Mysteries' in Håggsalen at 15.15.
- April 2010
- Professor John Larese, University of Tennessee holds a seminar entitled 'Neutrons, Nanomaterials and Molecular Adsorption at 13.15 on 19 April in Room Å2003.
- March 2010
- Max Wolff is giving a course on Neutron Scattering. The course involves a study visit to the Berlin Neutron Scattering Centre.
- September 2008
- There will be a seminar on 3 October 2008 at 15:30 in Room 61416, Ångströmlab. Håkan Rundlöf will describe progress with installation of NPD at the reatcor at Rez, Czech Republic and Adrian Rennie will talk about Super-ADAM the reflectometer at ILL, Grenoble, France. All are welcome!
- April 2008
- A new position as Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer is available for work with NeXS. Full details are available at Job Advertisements.
- April 2008
- Adrian Rennie is giving a course on Study of Soft Matter with Scattering. It starts on 1 April 2008 and will give 7.5 ECTS points.
- March 2008
- Andrew Wildes is seconded (50%) from the ILL to join the ADAM project and work with Uppsala University on reflection and polarised neutron scattering.
Senast uppdaterad 2012-08-31 09:45.
Ansvarig: Adrian Rennie