If you are interested in an education in theoretical particle physics, Uppsala university offers a vast array of options. Research in theoretical particle physics is grounded in quantum field theory, and hence a detailed understanding of this subject is necessary. For this we recommend the courses
- Analytical Mechanics (5 credits)
- Quantum Mechanics, Advanced Course (10 credits)
- Quantum Field Theory (10 credits)
- Advanced Quantum Field Theory (10 credits).
These theories are founded on many mathematical concepts, which can be learned from
- Symmetry and Group Theory (5 credits)
- Symmetry in Physics (10 credits)
- Mathematical Methods of Physics II (10 credits)
- Geometrical Methods in Theoretical Physics (10 credits).
Applications of these abstract ideas to theories describing reality can be found in the courses
- Quantum Chromodynamics and Effective Field Theory (10 credits)
- Advanced Particle Physics (10 credits)
- Gravitation and Cosmology (10 credits)
If you are interested in writing a bachelor or master thesis within our field, feel free to contact any of us. We do not have ready-made thesis projects, but we always have ideas for projects and are happy to discuss them. We tailor-make each project according to the student's wishes and needs. Working on a thesis project, especially at the master-level, is very close to actual research and is an excellent opportunity to explore the subject.