The research at the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics concerns the part of physics that examines matter and processes at the atomic level. The division is recognized as world leading in the development of X-ray based spectroscopic methodologies as powerful tools for the study of atomic processes. This has given us a leading position in the study of atoms, molecules and condensed matter – in particular materials, surfaces and interfaces with applications in the areas of energy, environment and advanced technology.
Read more about
In the spotlight
Prof. Philippe Wernet has been appointed Chair Professor in Photon Science with specialisation in Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics. The official professor installation will take place on November 15 at the University Aula. Philippe Wernet will give an installation talk for the Faculty of Science and Technology entitled "Har naturen redan hittat lösningar på energiproblemet?" (Has nature already found solutions to the energy problem?"
- Available position: Research position - Studying of energy materials using X-ray based spectroscopy
- Available position: Forskare
- Available position: Temporary position as university lecturer in physics with specialization in X-ray based spectroscopy and Li-ion batteries
- Press release: Hidden oxygen gas has prevented higher voltages in batteries
- Research: Ultrafast Rotation of Molecules with X-rays
Are you a student looking for a bachelor, master or a PhD project?