The research at the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics concerns the part of physics that examines matter and processes at the atomic level. The division is recognized as world leading in the development of X-ray based spectroscopic methodologies as powerful tools for the study of atomic processes. This has given us a leading position in the study of atoms, molecules and condensed matter – in particular materials, surfaces and interfaces with applications in the areas of energy, environment and advanced technology.
Read more about
In the spotlight
Prof. Philippe Wernet has been appointed Chair Professor in Photon Science with specialisation in Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics. The official professor installation will take place on November 15 at the University Aula. Philippe Wernet will give an installation talk for the Faculty of Science and Technology entitled “Har naturen redan hittat lösningar på energiproblemet?” (Has nature already found solutions to the energy problem?)
- Available position: Forskare med fokus på laserbaserad röntgenspektroskopi
- Press Release: Atom-Billiards with X-Rays: a new Approach to look inside of Molecules
- Research: Radical Molecule Seen Through
- Press Release: New Method Gives More Precise Information on Simple Molecules
- Press Release: Ionisation of Water; an Ultrafast Story on How Radicals are Formed
Are you a student looking for a bachelor, master or a PhD project?